Wycliffe USA is praising God for another remarkable year of his provision for the global task of Bible translation and Scripture engagement. Together with our partners, we are participating in the greatest acceleration of the pace of starting new Bible translation programs in history.
God’s provision can clearly be seen in the following statistics for 2014. Not only is Wycliffe involved in an increasing number of projects, but completed translations are being distributed in highly effective ways.
- Translation programs are underway in 2,195 languages across more than 130 countries.
- Colleagues from our global partners are involved in approximately 78 percent of these programs.
- Using mostly text supplied by Wycliffe and our global partners, the YouVersion Bible reading app added the 1,000th translated Bible version to its collection of Scripture available on web-enabled phones, tablets and computers.
- Using mainly our texts, Faith Comes By Hearing has completed audio Scriptures in 844 languages.
- And using translations of the Gospel of Luke, again mainly from programs involving Wycliffe global partners, The JESUS Film Project has released 1,300 different language versions of their film.
More people have more access to Scripture than at any other time in the history of Christianity!
These important accomplishments help to overcome the injustice of Bible poverty by providing people with the Bible in a language and form they can understand and use. Clearly, this progress would not be possible without the prayer and financial contributions of partners like you.
On behalf of all the people groups being reached with the Good News through your commitment to this ministry, I offer my sincere appreciation. Your investments helped us make significant progress in accomplishing the mission that God has set before us: Vision 2025 — a Bible translation program in progress in every language still needing one by 2025.
Wycliffe Bible Translators USA